Even though we all have different definitions of success, one thing certain is that if we want more success, we must be willing to be uncomfortable.
It’s very rare to attain greater levels of success without challenging ourselves in new ways, which often will cause us to be uncomfortable.
Anyone who has achieved noteworthy success will admit that the success we are seeking is often outside our comfort zone or outside of things we are familiar with.
To achieve new levels of success will require us to take new actions, which often means doing things we have not done before. One of the best things about life is we are always receiving feedback via our results.
If we are not getting the results we want, that’s feedback that we have to do different things to eventually get the results we want.
If we are always comfortable, it means:
- We are not growing and evolving.
- We are not challenging ourselves.
- We may miss opportunities to learn from new experiences or even from our failures.
- We may become stagnant and play life at a level we are used to.
- We may not have the confidence to do what’s necessary to create the results we want.
Intentionally putting ourselves in uncomfortable situations will develop our mental muscles to deal with whatever comes our way.