One thing that keeps us motivated is knowing that we are making progress and we are heading towards what we want to create, experience, achieve or acquire in life.
As we are automatically programmed for growth, when we don’t see signs of progress, it plays out in different ways, which may include:
- Feeling unhappy, stagnant or stuck.
- Losing motivation to do new things.
- Becoming agitated or upset easily by little things.
- Declining productivity and effectiveness.
- Lower self-confidence and self-worth.
Lack of progress and growth may cause us to believe that our life is not how it should be and that we are headed in the wrong direction.
The key is being able to recognise those warning signs early that indicate things are off track and we must make adjustments quickly, otherwise things could get much worse.