Reaching higher levels of success often comes down to having ways to overcome self-doubt and continually taking new actions.
Those who can deal with their self-doubt usually achieve things they haven’t previously, while gaining more confidence.
What is Self-Doubt?
Self-doubt is an internal struggle. It prevents us from pursuing something we want or taking an action to achieve a different result.
It’s our internal voice that tells us:
- To be practical or realistic.
- Now is not the right time to make a change.
- We could fail.
- We don’t know how to do something.
- We are not good enough to achieve the thing we want.
The Costs of Not Having Ways to Overcome Self-Doubt
If we succumb to our self-doubt, we won’t pursue or experience the things that matters most to us. The costs of not overcoming it can include:
- Not following our dreams.
- Lower self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Feeling unhappy.
- Being very self-critical.
- Not believing in possibilities or dreaming big dreams.
As we recognise and deal with self-doubt, it will help us do what we should, to get what we want.