Have you ever met someone who is all excited about something they want to achieve in life, only to find that they’re onto a new thing in a relatively short period of time?
It has been said that in order to achieve a dream, we must have a dream in the first place. While some people have lots of dreams, they also easily abandon those dreams for numerous reasons.
While on the surface it may not seem like a big deal to give up on a dream and move onto something else, there are some long-term psychological effects that may hinder our future efforts.
When we quit on our dreams, it can:
- Reduce our self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Make us not trust ourselves as much.
- Lose trust and respect with others.
- Lower our motivation to take appropriate action.
- Make us feel like we’ve failed.
Becoming aware of the things that can cause us to abandon our dreams is important if we want to achieve bigger and better dreams in life.