Our ability to be creative comes down to finding a connection between two unrelated things and determining the value that emerges as a result of that new connection.
Put simply, being creative is very similar to what learning is, which is connecting something we know to something we don’t know.
Some questions that often arise around the topic of creativity include:
- Are some people naturally more creative than others?
- Are we born creative or is it something we develop?
- Is creativity genetic?
- Why do some people appear to be more creative than others?
- What makes a person creative?
Some of the beliefs around creativity includes:
- Right-brained people are more creative.
- We’re either creative or we’re not.
- Highly creative people are not normal, maybe even a little weird.
- We can’t all be creative.
While there will always be different ideas or opinions around why some people are more creative than others, the truth is creativity is something that can be developed.