Having your best year will not happen if you do not set the right intentions, have the proper discipline and stay focused.
The desire to have a better year is common among high achievers. To set yourself up for greater success, there are things you need to know.
The Benefits of Having Your Best Year
If you know how to have your best year, you will:
- Achieve what’s important to you.
- Grow your self-confidence.
- Improve your mental, emotional and physical health.
- Challenge yourself to strive for bigger and better things.
- Increase your performance and effectiveness.
- Make a bigger difference or impact.
- Inspire others to improve and also have their best year.
It is usually doing simple things repeatedly that will set you up to have your best year yet.
5 Things to Know About Having Your Best Year
Here are five things you need to know about having your best year. If you apply these things, you will increase your chances of having the year you want.
- Define what having your best year means. Each person will have a different version of what a “best year” means. If you don’t know it looks like, it’s highly unlikely you will achieve it.
- Learn from your experiences. Most times, what got you to where you are won’t get you to where you want to go. Your experiences shape who you are. They can also guide you to become the person you want to be.
- Create space to welcome in new things. For new things to come into your life, you have to create the space for it first. This may mean letting go of things not serving you or allowing people you don’t want to associate with, drop out of your life.
- Always return to what matters most. The busyness of life affects everyone. It is very easy to get distracted and overwhelmed with all the things you need to deal with. If you can remind yourself to refocus on your priorities, it will be easier to progress towards the outcomes you want.
- Focus on turning obstacles into opportunities. You will experience setbacks and problems. Instead of seeing them as a burden or inconvenience, see them as an invitation to learn something about yourself. You can use your challenges to become a better, more confident person.
You don’t want to start a new year with unresolved things or baggage from the previous year. Having your best year will require you to do things that will cause you to grow and become the person you need to be to have a great year.
If you don’t set the right intentions or have goals you want to achieve, you will not have the year you want. Applying these ideas and consistently doing what’s required, will help you achieve more success.
Action Step: Set intentions for the year and define what having your best year means to you. Create a plan to achieve it, then execute your plan.
Question: What other things do you need to know about having your best year?